Denim skirt finished

Today I finished the denim skirt. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I didn't have to alter anything to the pattern. I used this pattern before and I can't for the life of me remember if I altered the pattern then. But today when I had my first fitting, it was ok right away, so maybe I did alter it after all. Here it is before I hemmed it. (I don't have a picture of the finished skirt because the daylight was fading fast as I took this picture. I'll show a picture of me wearing it tomorrow).













I'm glad the fabric has a bit stretch or else I wouldn't be able to put it on. But once I have it on it fits perfectly. I kept it long so it will look nice with boots as well as with ankle-boots.
And as we all like a bit of detail, here's a picture of the topstitching.














Now I can think about my next project. I'm not sure yet. It's probably going to be a blouse. But if I want to start on it tomorrow I will have to wash and dry the fabric tonight. So I will have to make a choice fast and start washing. 
Gr.
Lilian

Comments

  1. Hallo Lilian, leuk om nog Nederlandse blogger te vinden die in het Engels schrijft.
    Je rok ziet er goed uit, mooi doorgestikt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really nice denim skirt. I love your topstitching - it looks beautifully done. By the way I also very much like your purchases in Antwerp - looks like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thank you so much for the welcome. I am really looking forward to blogging and sewing. I am quickly finding out that I have so much to learn. If I only would have paid attention when my grandma wanted to teach me to sew! You make a good point, I have got to remember to have FUN. Having fun will make the learning process much more enjoyable.

    I hope you are having a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over