The cursed pattern....and some other stuff

A cursed pattern. Is it possible? I don't know, you tell me.

When I decided on my next project, a blouse, I started thinking about what I would write about it on my blog. I thought it would be fun to show the two blouses I already made from the same pattern. And to write a little bit about them. Then I realised that both blouses had suffered some major accidents. First let me show you the pictures and then I'll tell you.





They look ok, right? Well, let me tell you that I had to dye the blue one because of brown stains that were left on it when I stupidly washed it together with a brown skirt. I had only worn it a few times at that point! Luckily I did manage to save it from the bin. But if you look close (click on the picture) you can see that the thread I used to sew the buttonholes is a lot lighter. So was the fabric.... It's still ok, I can wear it and I'm thankful for that. (The colour I chose to dye it in was actually as blue as the colour of my dressform, but the fabric only took a bit of the colour).

The brown/pink blouse was already hurt during the sewingprocess. When I ironed the front, somehow I ironed it too hot and now at some places in the fold at the front, it's split. Just like a scissor cut through it. If you don't know, you can't see it. But it's absolutely not right. I wore this blouse a few times in this condition but I know that I have to fix it before it's damaged too much. I haven't figured out yet how I'm gonna do this. Well, it's a spring/summer item obviously so I still have some time to get to that.

And now I'm gonna try for the third time! Third time lucky he? It's gonna be a copy of the blue one with the long, ruffled, sleeves. I'm using my purple-white dotted fabric. I cut out all the pieces and interfaced them. The picture only shows a few pieces, just to give you an idea of the fabric. And for once the colour in the picture is just right.



So that's what I'm gonna work on today. I must find me some sewing-mojo first though. Right now, the thought of curling up on the sofa with a good book is much more appealing to me.

Yesterday I bought fabric in my local store for the slinky shrug. (Just can't get this pattern out of my mind!). I'm not completely smitten with the combination of these two colours but it's okay. I loved the soft pink fabric and it was hard to find ribbing that suited this kind of pink. There's a bit of grey in it so it's definitely not clashing. It's probably gonna be my next project. Here's a picture so you can check the material and colours yourself.



Now...time for lunch.
Hope you all (did) have a great weekend.

Gr.
Lilian

Comments

  1. It's definitely going to be third time lucky for you on this shirt, it looks like a really nice pattern and I love the dotty fabric you have chosen. I'm looking forward to seeing how that slinky shrug turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over