We've got snow!


Last wednesdaynight it started snowing in Holland. So now we have a beautiful white world surrounding us. I love it! Makes me think of my youth when snow was a rather common thing in the winter. Now we sometimes have years when it's not snowing at all, or there is not enough snow (and frost to accompany it) to let us enjoy such a view. So I enjoy this very much. It brings out the little girl in me that got so excited when snow was forecasted. The anticipatition of waking up in the morning to this wonderful white world that had so many promises in it. Couldn't wait to go outside and play in the snow.
With the years I've grown a bit wiser of course. I stay in and enjoy the view from behind my windows... Well, I had to go out to take these pictures of course. But I made sure there was some hot coffee waiting for me when I got back in :)

Today is the first time I see my own neighbourhood this way because in this time of the year I have to leave for work when it's still dark and then return in the dark again. But guess what...today is not only the beginning of the weekend but also of my TWO-WEEKS HOLIDAY. Ok, ok, I'll have to go back to work for one more day in those two weeks but who's complaining right? So there will be plenty of time to sew....or do something else. I won't promise a sewingmarathon with loads of posts writing about it because right now I'm not sure I can live up to that promise. We'll see, right?

I'll leave you with some more snowpictures. Have a nice weekend/holiday everyone!

After 10 minutes he begged to come back in.

Frontview

Backview

Okay birdies, today's lesson: Walk in a straight line!

Gr.
Lilian

Comments

  1. Snow is so pretty, especially when you can stay home and enjoy it. I also start a two week vacation from work today, hope to do a little sewing. We got snow last night too, and it is still falling. Enjoy your snow and time off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're enjoying your beautiful snow view, it does look lovely. Whatever you do during your vacation, I hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll show this to our German visitor to remind her of home. It is very erratic in Sydney now - heatwave, followed by storm, followed by cool down, followed by another heatwave.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over