So here goes.
(click on the pictures to get a closer look at the fabric)
Online shopping at "De Stoffenstunter". I was very, very pleasantly surprised when I opened my package. You can never tell for sure what you are gonna receive with online shopping but this was GOOD!
1. Blue pinstripe for a narrow skirt
2. Gorgeous velvet-jersey for a top (is it possible to be in love with a fabric?)
3. Plain simple black jeans for a skirt
Fabric Market near my home. At a certain point I remembered I also had planned to go to the fabric market in Nieuwegein, and stopped buying. Or else.....
1. Lovely velvet-jersey which I plan to use for a wrap-dress (to my surprise this fabric is used in the
KnipMode January 2012)
2. Softly spotted suede-like fabric for a skirt
3. Brown, very fine checks. Great trouser-fabric
4. Another brown, fine herringbone for trousers
Fabric Market in Nieuwegein. I also met a lovely group of fellow-sewists there and bought the following lovelies.
1. Soft lilac knit, for a cardigan
2. Super-soft fake-fur. I'll use this for the collar of a cardigan. Still have to find a matching white knit for
3. Great Chanel-fabric. No, not the real stuff....duh... I love the colours in it. Plans are to make a skirt
4. The blue/black fabric is a heavier cotton with a bit of shine. I planned to make a skirt with it but I'm leaning
more towards a little jacket every time I look at it.
5. A thin cotton with a mille-fleur print. Perfect for a little blouse.