From the sewingneedle to the crochetneedle

Don't worry. I am not trading my sewing for crocheting. It's just that I wanted to show you that I can do more than just spin the sewingmachine-wheel. In fact I have been doing artsy-crafty things throughout my whole life. I think I have been embroidering since I was 7 years old, and I had a booming knitting-period in my teen-years. But the last twenty years or so, not much has been going on in that area. Embroidering close to none. Knitting, euhm.....a few scarfs. And every now and then some crocheting.

I didn't have any plans to pick up a crochet-project at all but recently I saw a very, very cute ball of yarn in the fabricstore and I thought immediately that it would be great to make something with it.
And this is what I've done so far. Size-wise, I'm about halfway:


The pattern is from an old book I've got. It looks very 'seventies-dated' to me. And these kind of little rugs are somewhat oldfashioned I think, but the changing colours of the yarn gives it a modern twist that I like.
The yarn is really beautiful and as usual the pictures are not doing justice to the real colours. What looks like yellow is actually more of a green colour:


Since I have no sewingrelated things to show you I thought it would be nice to show and write about this. Bus as I said, don't worry, I'll be back with fabric and ideas for new projects.

When I finally will be able to put my feet up this afternoon I'm going to enjoy the March-issue of KnipMode. It's lying right in front of me and I just can't wait. The cover shouts spring!

Great weekend everyone.

Gr
Lilian

Comments

  1. I love your skirt . You are right you did do well . I made a vest out of angora wool in the same colours as your doily in about 1980 . I wonder what happened to it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over