Sometimes, simple is all you need

Dear o dear, this spring/summer has been not very productive for me sewing-wise. Neither have I been a 'good' blogger lately.
The fact is that I've had quite a busy and not so pleasant time at work (thank God that is slowing down lately/getting better) Combine that with the fact that I am an emo-eater, et voilá, you gain a lot of kilo's before you know it. In fact, a few weeks ago I was at the heaviest weight I have EVER been in my life. Time to take action I thought and now I'm trying to eat healthier and less. But it's a slóóów proces.

All this of course has effect on the fitting of your clothes. I'm sad to say that about 75% of my summerclothes has become too small. And that's very annoying, I can tell you. All the lovely skirts I made last year, and some of the blouses, almost all my trousers: TOO SMALL!
And that's where the sewing-mojo-killer comes in: I don't feel like making anything because I feel it doesn't look good on me. My waist has almost disappeared and that has always been the thing that kept everything in proportion, even in times when I weighed a bit more. (That's an age-thing right?)

Anywayz, enough of that. I just wanted to explain why there has been so little action on my blog lately.

Not that I'm not busy making plans. I'm even looking forward to fall sewing already. I've read somewhere that big, wide clothes will be a 'new' trend this fall/winter. Haha, how did they know about my 'condition' I wonder...
No, serious, I always believe that fall/winter fashion is more stylish than spring/summer fashion and I can't wait to dive in. But first I'll have to get my waist back.....

Now, for the title of this post.
A few weeks ago, while doing my shopping in the supermarket, I saw this magazine:

 

I had never seen it before. Is anyone familiar with this magazine? It is in Dutch.I think it's great. It has a lot of lovely patterns and I was amazed at the fact how I suddenly drooled over these fairly simple, clean-lined garments. Yesterday I picked up another magazine in the supermarket.


'Diana Mode' has been for sale for as long as I can remember but I never looked in it as I thought the garments were too plain. And guess what?? I can't stop flickering through it. Big chance my next projects will be made from one of these magazines.

It's taking forever for the KnipMode august-issue to arrive. Normally they're sent to you in the beginning of the month, now I'll have to wait untill the 15th of July. Another 5 days...sigh. 

Well, it's time for action. I'll have the rest of this sunday to pick something I like and start a new project. I'm ready to fight this mojo-killer with my bare-hands!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Gr.
Lilian

Comments

  1. I agree with your title wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do envy you access to magazines. Here in the US we have so few choices and most include little to nothing in the way of patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! New reader over from Fehr Trade. I bought the same simplicity magazine, must say I have to get used to the sizing... my first skirt from it wasn't exactly how I envisioned it. (Ever worse it was one of those fabrics you look at and stroke and love and don't want to put your scissors to...)
    Looking forward to see how you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over