Another knit



Yay!! By the size of this picture you can tell that my technial problems are solved. I have to say a big thank you to Katie Kadiddlehopper for pointing me in the right direction. Check out her comment in my previous post if you are having the same problems. 
And also thank you to Baking Soda from Bake My Day. I might give posting via Windows Live Writer a go one day but now I can go back to my usual way I think I'm gonna stick to that a bit longer. And to be honest, I have a big fear of losing my blog if I change anything, so..... But I will remember the advise.

Now, about the picture. What you're looking at is pattern #3 from KnipMode 08/2008.
It's the second time this one has seen the light. It is só easy to make. I like the fact that with minimal effort you have a great effect.
I must admit that the fit is quite snug. Especially on the arms but also in other places. It's wearable if I just make sure I wear the right things underneath. (For this picture I wore a blue camisole. In real life it doesn't shine through as much as in the picture).

I'm not sewing because it's cheaper than RTW. Wait, let me rephrase that: it cán be much cheaper (it all depends on the price of the fabric of course) but I do get a certain amount of satisfaction out of the fact that I made this top for the price of € 1,65.
The fabric is one of the 3 remnant pieces I bought for € 5.
I don't know about you but I call that fun!

* * *

The black trousers I was talking about earlier are cut out and ready to go. 
So it's back to the sewing-room for me. Shouldn't take too long before I can show that one too.

Happy sewing everyone.
Lilian






Comments

  1. Great neckline detail. I need to copy that, thank you. Also, the jacket in your previous post is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm that neck detail is so much nicer in real life than in the line drawing!
    I can't help but love when I make something that turns out nice is made from bargain fabric! (Right now I'm making a 5 euro skirt *grijns*)

    Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that shirt! The neck detail is gorgeous! Do you think you could post a close-up of the neckdetail, so copying it is easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love the neckline detail and the lovely fabric

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over