Casual sewing


This is the picture of my 'hoodie'. (KnipMode 2010-08 / 19b - linedrawing in my previous post). I already finished sewing it more than a week ago and even wore it in the weekend. It's great and I love it. Putting it together was very easy.
The one thing I changed from the original pattern was using a facing in the back of the neck.
I think I'll have to pay the fabricshop another visit and buy the same fabric but in a different colour. It was great to work with and it's just thick enough to wear as a cover-up.
I'd even consider to sew this pattern again. If I do I will make the sleeves a bit longer though.

The hood is finished with a double-folded seam and is attached between the front and the neck-facing.


The buttons are quite.....euhmm..different but I like them very much.


The hood itself is not too big and actually is there just for the fun of it. I don't see me wearing it in real life... There's no close-up picture but you see a white line on the inside of the hood. That's the seam. I just serged one side of the seam, narrowed the other side and than folded the serged side over and stitched it down. Easthetical maybe not the most perfect way but good enough for me.  



* * *

A few days ago I discovered that I had a comment on my post about my tnt-top from Hester who asked a question about the size of this burda-pattern, wether it turned out big or not. Her question was in Dutch, I hope you don't mind if I answer in Dutch. (Also didn't have an email-adress so will do this via my blog).

Hallo Hester, wat leuk dat je via mijn blog geïnspireerd bent tot het maken van de wikkel-top. Het is echt een topper voor mij. Je vraag dateert al van eind mei dus misschien heb je de top ondertussen al in je kast hangen en heb je via je eigen ervaring al antwoord op je vraag gekregen. Mocht je er nog aan moeten beginnen; wat ik me herinner is dat het zeker niet klein uitvalt. De voorkant wordt ook nog eens schuin van draad geknipt dus dat geeft ook al snel extra ruimte. Eigenlijk heb ik niet veel aan hoeven te passen om het passend te maken maar ik denk dat dat toch ook nog een beetje van je figuur afhangt. Ik heb bijvoorbeeld nogal een holle rug en heb in 1 model (toen ik nog wat slanker was  =0)  kleine figuurnaden in de rug gemaakt. Staat me bij dat die in het origineel niet zitten.
Veel succes met de top. Ik hoop dat je er net zoveel plezier aan zult beleven als ik!

Gr.
Lilian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over