This was an easy but very satisfying project. I have to say 'thumbs up' for the fit of this design. I just had to add a little bit of width at the hip and some at the sleeves (but that's a normal adjustment for me). That was all. I also narrowd the neckline because it was a bit too wide to my taste.
The ruched sleeves are not very noticeable in the front, but are still a nice feature on this - let's face it - otherwise rather plain shirt.
My favourite way to finish a neckline, with a binding:
linedrawing but for the sizes 46 and up, they added length to the front-pattern at bustheight. By gathering this surplus of fabric - we're talking about approximately 2 cm (5/6") over a length of 14,5 cm (5 2/3") for size 46, you create some extra space and shape in that area.
I wouldn't call this an FBA, but an SBBA (Slightly Bigger Bust Adjustment - Yep, I made that up).
I've never seen this technique before but I already love it! Chances are I will be adding this to all my t-shirts and knit tops in the future, unless they already have a bust-dart of course. But this is way easier than a normal FBA. And the gathering doesn't show because a. it's only a mild gathering, and b. it's right under your arms. Unless you are doing 'the wave', noone will notice. Extra bonus: you get the extra length in the front at the bottom, but not the extra width that an FBA would create. I think that's where I went wrong with my green cardigan.
Don't know yet if this is something that could be applied to a non-stretch fabric.
Talking about fabric: this blue jersey was soooo nice to work with. It has a great stretch-recovery. I still don't know what fibers it contains, but I'm sure I will recognise it when I
I said if I liked the fabric enough and if there was enough left of it, I would make a tanktop out of that. But then I realised I already have a tanktop in almost the same colour. So maybe it's best to choose another design. I wouldn't call that a punishment...
That's it for now. Talk to you soon!