Preparing for a jeans-jacket (and other stuff)

Hi everyone. It's been a while. What I've been up to? Not much really. Still looking for a job, so no change there. The temporary job I had since last august, ended at the end of january. I must say that job-seeking is by far the most annoying and frustrating thing I have ever had to do in my life. But on the other end it's an experience that makes me - somehow - grow as a person. Having never been unemployed since I left school in 1985 (I had 3 successive jobs), getting fired (due to economical reasons) has forced me to look at things in a different way and broaden my view. You see, I'm still trying to give it all a positive swirl. That's me...always positive. Well, almost always. One of the things I don't like is that I've become rather synical about a lot of things. But I guess that's just a logical consequence of all this. But don't worry, I know that I must work on that because synicals don't get jobs right?...

Enough of that. On to the sewing!

First I want to react on a comment on my last post from Digs (Straightjacketmuse). Digs, don't know if you are reading this post but I want to give you this - way overdue - reaction anyway.
First of all, thanks for your comment. The fabric I used for the top has a diagonal print. That's what I immediately liked about it. You get the effect without the effort. Nice!
The pattern is from the KnipMode special October 2013. There are only a few patterns in it.

Mini-swap
In december I wanted to start a mini-swap. And I did. The plan was to sew a skirt, a top and a jeans- jacket. The skirt and top are finished. (See? I díd sew!...Pictures will be shown when the jacket is finished). For the jacket I bought a second peace of jeans because I had high doubts about the first one I ordered from the internet. It seemed too thin.
I want so badly for this jeans jacket to be a succes that I knew I had to tackle the fitting-problems I have with my upperback first. Or else this would end as a wadder, like so many jackets did in the past.
Testing the alterations to fix the problems, I am working on a second version of the yellow blouse I made in July 2014. This time I altered the pattern with a high-rounded back adjustment and I must say there is definitely improvement in the fit of this blouse. It's not perfect yet. There is still a dragline under my arm, pointing to the shoulderblades as you can see in the (crappy styled) picture below. That's probably (??) due to the fact that I have sloping shoulders. I'll need to make another adjustment on the pattern for that. But hey, there is improvement. Hooray for that!

July2014

And then, after long deliberation, maybe I am finally ready to start this jacket.
But first there is the black blouse to be finished. Sleeves, collar, buttons, hemming.
Better get round to it.

Have a nice weekend everyone!
Lilian

p.s.
If anyone has advice on the draglines in the left picture (still there after a high-rounded back adjustment), that would be very, very much appreciated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over