KnipMode August 2008 - Top 3b Again.

Wow. Has it really been 5 months since my last post?? I just don't know what to say. Working fulltime does take up most of my time, but there are still moments I could have written a little post and showed you some pictures.
Now that we're enjoying the Easter-weekend (I also had a day off from work on Friday) I feel that it's time (or should I say I háve the time?) to show you what I've been up to sewing-wise. Luckily I made the pictures earlier or else there probably wouldn't have been a post at all today...

KnipMode August 2008 - Top 3b
This is my third attempt to make this sweater. The first one I made (seen here) got great response on my blog. (The picture was even shown on someone else's blog and I found out it got on pinterest) But unfortunately the fabric felt horrible on the skin and I never wore it.
Then I tried again in a white soft knit. But that turned out to be rather see-through, so I never wore that one either. Sad but true.
Now....for this last one: Can I tell you I just love it? I've worn it already many times. I guess it's true what they say: three times lucky!


The real star in this design of course is the collar.
At one end the collar is sewn with gathers to the v-shaped neckline, and goes through a hole at the other end. The collar is basically a rectangular with a straight end (the gathered one) and a pointy end.
In this picture you see a close-up of the gathered end of the collar and the hole through which the other end of the collar is pulled.


The fabric is quite thick and there's a lót of fabric going on in the back of the collar but with the 4 pleats (both in and outside) it's manageable. (It doesn't look as neat as I wanted it but it was hard to pull the whole lot through the sewing-machine and keeping all the pleats in place at the same time).


I also finished the denim skirt and that turned out great as well. But that's for a next post.
So, I've sewn a few bits. But my sewing-mojo is nowhere to be seen at the moment. I have another skirt that's not finished yet and I think I started that about 5 weeks ago. But today is gonna be the day that I will finish pick it up and do some work. It's definitely meant to be worn in colder times, so if I don't hurry up I won't be able to wear it before fall.
First lunch, and then hop,hop,hop to the sewingroom!!

Enjoy your day!
Lilian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My preferred way of finishing necklines and armscyes on a knit shirt

Let's start 2011 with Top 3b from KnipMode 2008-08

My (re)view on KnipMode September 2015 - The Make-over